Monday, August 17, 2009

Fuzzi Bunz

I feel kind of funny putting this video up but this is the workings of the new Fuzzi Bunz diapers. I currently use Bum Genius 3.0 for Owen but am thinking of getting the Fuzzi's for the twins. I bought one to try on Owen and to put on my baby doll to see if it would fit a newborn well (ha ha) and it seems to be good. The benefits of the Fuzzi Bunz over the Bum Genius is that it has snaps which won't wear out like velcro and the elastic is easy to replace- therefore making everything that could wear out in the diaper (or that does wear out in the Bum Genius after a while) not a problem. I'm still not for sure- but perhaps :).

I did some quick calculations on disposables and it kind of reinforced my desire to cloth diaper the twins. In the first couple months babies go through 10-12 diapers a day translating into about 310 diapers a month per baby totaling about 1240 diapers for twins in two months. At about 23-25 cents a diaper that turns into about $300 in two months! I could buy 30 Fuzzi Bunz or Bum Genius cloth diapers for about $500 and never have to buy diapers again! I use cloth wipes also so I would save even more on wipes. I may not even need to buy that many diapers as some people have offered to give me some free classic folding diapers. I have preferred to use the diapers on Owen more than disposables despite the savings because his multiple blow-outs a day have turned into none. This saves me a lot of time in the end and money on outfits that are not ruined! His room also smells much better as I wash every other day and disposables aren't just sitting in the can stinking. Just a few thoughts and a video if you are curious :)

1 comment:

Susan Stephens said...

It's good to see how all of that advanced mathematics you took is being applied to your everday life!!! Ha!