Thursday, October 15, 2009

"Parents, Obey Your Children?"

I thought this article was really thought provoking. It helped me to think again about how I view discipline and my role as a parent in light of scripture and how much I've been weakened by the wisdom of the world. We just need to be so careful to only let scripture and scriptural principles instruct us. It also made me consider the books that we have that maybe we should reconsider as well as considering any movies we allow Owen to watch in the future- as to whether or not they promote the disobedience Al Mohler talks about. By the way, Al Mohler is a wonderful, godly man and I love reading his other blog entries. He is the president of The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary and thoroughly sound. Read this article and then maybe get hooked on reading his blog :). http://www.albertmohler.com/2009/10/14/parents-obey-your-children/

No comments: