Friday, January 9, 2009

Still in Jackson


I made this blog awhile ago but didn't keep up on it.  It seems like moving (again), Christmas, and having company tied me up a bit.  I feel like things are actually starting to run smoothly so maybe I can give this another shot and keep up friends/family up on our lives.  We've been in Jackson five months now (it goes so fast) and are still loving it and so thankful that we are here.  The church plant is going well by God's grace and we are learning lots.  Owen just turned 7 months and has just gotten a new tooth, started sitting up (6.5 months) and crawling/scooting (a week ago).  He's looking more and more like a little boy and less like my little helpless bundle.  
My new favorite verse:
By faith Moses, when he was grown up, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter, choosing rather to be mistreated with the people of God than to enjoy the fleeting pleasures of sin.  He considered the reproach of Christ greater wealth than the treasures of Egypt, for he was looking to the reward. (Hebrews 11: 24-26)
Compliments of my discipleship time with Leslie I am striving to think of this verse and the glories of heaven and the rewards there when I am tempted to sin.  It is well worth it to give up sin as I am tempted and to choose rather the heavenly reward.  Choosing to sin is like choosing a candy bar in the moment rather than a real estate investment in the future... however that works in your mind.  Haha it looks funny in writing.

3 comments:

Susan Stephens said...

Aren't you clever! What a great idea to keep us informed.
Love to you all,
Mom

Vickie Mumma said...

It was great reading your blog. We always enjoy hearing what is going on with you all. And Owen's picture is adorable! We know God is using you there in Jackson Hole! Love you, Mom M.

sam said...

Glad to hear from you
Love,
Sammy